Liverpool Football Club pro football club headquartered in Liverpool. The club participates in the EPL, the highest division of English football. The club was founded in 1892, joined the Football League the next year, and played its home games at Anfield ever since.
The Club has in its name:
FA Cups: 8
League Cups: 9
FA Community Shield: 16
European Cups: 6
UEFA Cups: 3
UEFA Super Cups: 4
FIFA Club World Cup: 1
Liverpool won two more European Cups in 2005 and 2019 under Rafael Bentez and Jürgen Klopp, respectively. Klopp also led Liverpool to its 19th division title in 2020, the club’s first in the Premier division era.
Liverpool is one of the world’s most valuable and extensively supported institutions. Longstanding rivalries exist between the club and Manchester United and Everton. In 1964, under Shankly’s stewardship, the team switched from red shirts and white trousers to an all-red home strip that has been used ever since. “You’ll Never Walk Alone” is the club’s anthem.
|Full name||Liverpool Football Club|
|Founded||3 June 1892; 131 years ago|
|Owner||Fenway Sports Group|
|2022–23||Premier League, 5th of 20|
Liverpool FC Progress Summary
- Liverpool’s first trophy was the Lancashire League, which the club won in its inaugural season. The club won its debut League Championship in 1901, and its most recent one in 2020. 1965 marked the club’s first FA Cup victory.
- In terms of trophies won, Liverpool’s most successful decade was the 1980s, during which the club won six League titles, two FA Cups, four League Cups, one Football League Super Cup, five Charity Shields (one shared), and two European Cups.
- The club has more Premier League wins and points than any other English team. Liverpool also has the greatest average league finishing position (3.3) for the 50 years leading up to 2015 and the second-highest average league finishing position (8.7) for the period 1900–1999, behind only Arsenal.
- Liverpool is the most successful British club in international football, with fourteen trophies, having won the European Cup/UEFA Champions League, UEFA’s primary club competition, six times, an English record that has been surpassed only by Real Madrid and A.C. Milan. Liverpool’s fifth European Cup victory in 2005 resulted in the club being granted the trophy permanently and a multiple-winner badge.
- Liverpool holds the English record with three wins in the UEFA Cup, UEFA’s secondary club competition. Liverpool also holds the English record with four wins in the UEFA Super Cup. In 2019, the club won its first FIFA Club World Cup and became the first English club to achieve the international trifecta of Club World Cup, Champions League, and UEFA Super Cup.
Liverpool FC Current Squad
|1||GK||Brazil Alisson Becker|
|2||DF||England Joe Gomez|
|4||DF||Netherlands Virgil van Dijk|
|5||DF||France Ibrahima Konaté|
|6||MF||Spain Thiago Alcântara|
|7||FW||Colombia Luis Díaz|
|8||MF||Hungary Dominik Szoboszlai|
|10||MF||Argentina Alexis Mac Allister|
|11||FW||Egypt Mohamed Salah|
|14||MF||England Jordan Henderson|
|17||MF||England Curtis Jones|
|18||FW||Netherlands Cody Gakpo|
|19||MF||England Harvey Elliott|
|20||FW||Portugal Diogo Jota|
|21||DF||Greece Kostas Tsimikas|
|26||DF||Scotland Andrew Robertson|
|27||FW||Uruguay Darwin Núñez|
|32||DF||Cameroon Joël Matip|
|43||MF||Spain Stefan Bajcetic|
|47||DF||England Nat Phillips|
|62||GK||Ireland Caoimhín Kelleher|
|66||DF||England T. Alexander-Arnold|
|72||DF||Netherlands Sepp van den Berg|
|97||GK||Brazil Marcelo Pitaluga|
Liverpool FC Champions League Record
|2022-2023||Round of 16||8||5||0||3|
|2019-2020||Round of 16||8||5||1||2|
|2005-2006||Round of 16||14||8||3||3|
|2002-2003||First Group Stage||6||2||2||2|
Has Liverpool FC Ever Won the Champions League
Liverpool FC has 6 UCL Titles for the year 1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, 2005 and 2019.