Since Brexit, UK has been treated as an independent entity, and hence the streaming rules are certainly different from the rest of Europe. My last guide has already elaborated on how you can live stream UCL in the rest of Europe. So, in this guide, I will tell you how you can watch online the UEFA Champions League games in the UK without cable.
In the UK BT Sport is the official broadcaster of UEFA Champions League for the following year. So, if you want to watch otherwise, check with your cable operator if it offers that channel in the package.
For cord-cutters, I will mention those streaming networks that carry BT sports.
Live Stream UCL Games on the Broadcaster of Your Choice
If you are travelling to the UK or Europe, you may face hurdles while accessing your country’s streaming app. For example, if you are from the US and already have subscriptions to SlingTV, FuboTV, huluTV, YoutubeTV, Paramount Plus or DirecTV Stream, you are deprived of accessing them in the UK.
These streaming services are geo-restricted and have the right to broadcast in certain regions. CBS is the official broadcaster of UCL in the US, and all the OTTs mentioned above have this channel. So, to access CBS on these OTTs, you have to unblock them. Here is how you can do this:
- Subscribe to a VPN which is fast and reliable. A VPN is a virtual private network enabling you to camouflage your location. You can virtually be in the US while sitting in the UK. In that way, it helps in accessing those apps which are blocked.
- Install the VPN on your devices. You can use it for iOS, Android or Laptop. You can choose many other options from the VPN’s official website.
- Launch the VPN and set your location to the country whose broadcasters you want to access. For example, if you want to access the CBS on Sling, set your location to US.
- Sign in to the streaming app or the OTT.
- Enjoy live streaming without any interruption.
UCL on BT Sport App and BT Web Streaming
To watch the Champions League online, you may need a cable/broadband subscription of BT Sport. However, BT Sport offers a monthly pass for £29.99 that does not require a cable subscription. Monthly Pass enables you to watch BT Sport’s channels, including BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, BT Sport 3, BT Sport 4, BT Sport ESPN.
The BT Sport Monthly Pass has many features, including:
- No requirement for BT broadband.
- No Ties.
- Live and on-demand content of every sport.
- Cancel whenever you want.
- Stream in 4K.
The BT Sport Monthly Pass Pass allows you to watch through the BT Sport app on iOS, Android, Chromecast, Chromecast with Google TV, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox One, Apple TV, Android TV, NOW TV devices, Amazon Fire TV devices, Roku players, and Sony PlayStation 4.
The only pitfall is that the BT Sport Monthly Pass is only available through the BT Sport app and can’t be watched on a Sky set-top box.
How to Watch UEFA Champions League Finals online in UK Free
You can watch the games for free if you are already a BT Sport customer and have a broadband package. All you need is to sign up, subscribe and then download the BT Sport app from the official website. It is not free. For free streaming, you need free streaming farms, which are dangerous for your privacy and security. So, I won’t recommend them unless you have a VPN to relocate yourself.
How to Get the Latest UCL Updates Online
No matter where you are, you can always get the latest news on your favorite games of UEFA Champions League via the official website of UEFA. On this website, you can catch news, post and pre-match analysis and much more.